Sunday, January 11, 2009

Learning patience, love, and resetting myself internally: A Week in Shimla

Wow! What a week! I have learned so much about myself it's not even funny. I spent the week....hmmmm...learning to breathe, learning to meditate, and learning self-love and happiness. Sounds a bit crazy right? Learning how to breathe, etc etc. But I feel like I can REALLY breathe now, so freely and easily, I'm so light...it feels like 10 kg of weight has been lifted from my shoulders. And just happiness...I think just the pace of life in Canada was getting me down and negative at times, never feeling like I had time for anything or anyone. All that has changed. I know what I need to do and keep doing in order to keep this feeling of vitality and energy with me.

I feel like this past week was the purpose behind my whole trip. Yeah, I've seen and done many things over the past month but I know that this week was the most important, the sole purpose of being here, and a huge changing point in my life.

I was lucky enough to meet a man called Gajender in Shimla on my last evening here before flying to Nepal. He said he could see my negativity in front of me and that he has helped others in the past and could help me as well. He showed me many letters from other foreigners who he's helped (like 60 nationalities!) and I suppose it won me over. I couldn't get the meeting or this man out of my head for my weeks of travel and knew I had to return.

And...it was hard knowing that i'd be in the same place for a week, a place I'd already seen and explored, a place that was cold (highs of about 10) when I could have been on the beaches of Goa basking in the sun. But it was absolutely the right thing to do and I'm forever grateful to this place and this man and everyone in this wonderful country.

I'm leaving for the chaos of Delhi today and then Wed to Mumbai for the final few days of my trip. I haven't been running but know that the marathon will go well, I have such a mental strength now that outweighs the fact that I haven't been running.

Anyways, thought I should update...looking forward to seeing and talking to you all again in ONE WEEK!! AAAhhhhh!! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am glad for your experiences Erin. Peace within ourselves and with our surrounding is what we are all looking for in one way or another. We would like to hear more about this week of stay when you get back. In the meanwhile, have a great marathon
Take care
Amar